Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Big Bad Mood Cure

Today was just terrible. The worst. I got very little sleep, I worked later than I normally do, and anxiety had me in it's clutches. I did my best to fend it off (see my last post) but I was still cranky. Actually, I was worse than cranky. I was deep in the clutches of a super terrible Big Bad Mood. The Biggest....

AND THEN...

I CHECKED MY EMAIL
I expected to find a bunch of Google alerts to delete. What I found instead was an e-mail thanking me for an e-mail I sent a couple of days ago. You see,  I sent an encouraging note to someone the other day and thanked them for inspiring me. I didn't expect anything in return so imagine my surprise when I opened up an email thanking me for my note. It was lovely. I felt so happy that I had made the day for someone else. And you know what? My BIG BAD MOOD retreated. I felt a thousand times better because I made a difference in someone's life.
So, you know what?

Next time a Big Bad Mood takes a hold of you, find a person to encourage. Tell someone they matter. It will make a difference! You'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment